Recovery Actions/Subrogated Claims
Our team of experts are uniquely experienced in handling subrogated claims on behalf of insurers in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
We pride ourselves on our ability to design a process around the needs of the individual client. For some insurers, this means providing bespoke training to allow claims handlers the tools to undertake initial recovery attempts themselves. For other insurers this means undertaking to handle the entire portfolios of recovery cases.
We undertake regular screening of our clients’ claims portfolios enable us to identify missed recovery opportunities. Our solicitors attend insurers offices across the entire country to carry out a full screen of files for potential recovery to provide a preliminary liability opinion.
Where liability lies with another party, we are committed to maximising the recovery of damages on behalf of our insurers and their policyholders and avoid any interruption of our client’s business by;
- Providing preliminary screening and opinion on liability from first notification of loss.
- Identifying relevant third parties by way of data protection requests through relevant authorities i.e. DVLA in Northern Ireland or Motor Taxation Offices in the Republic of Ireland.
- Obtaining any statements or reports from PSNI or An Garda Siochana.
- Liaising directly with our client’s policyholders to obtain any statements from them and pursue any consequential or uninsured loss on their behalf such as;
- Issuing early letters of claim to third parties and their insurers.
- Initiating litigation where payment is not made promptly to pursue monies due.
- Enforcing judgments where necessary and/or appropriate
As well as working with our insurance client to recover any outlay incurred by them, we also work with our client’s policyholders to recovery any uninsured losses such as;
Loss of Use
Loss of Earnings
Distress or inconvenience
We deal with all aspects of our client’s claim and ensure that provide an exemplary service to both insurers and their policyholders.
Why not explore some of the other services that we provide?
3rd Floor, 18-22 Hill Street,
Belfast, BT1 2LA.
DX 492 NR, BELFAST 1
T: +44 (0)28 9089 6540
F: +44 (0)28 9032 0734
31-36 Ormond Quay Upper.
T: +353 1 5134375
F: +353 1 5134376
17-21 Bishop Street.
T: +44 (0) 28 71 878278
F: +44 (0) 28 90 320734